Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the below guidelines when preparing your abstract for presentation:
All abstracts received by the deadline of the 29th of July will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should include new or updated information, however, abstracts presented at previous meetings or similar conferences may also be submitted.
- The abstract should include specific information about the results and conclusions of the research. Abstracts stating “results will be discussed” will not be accepted.
- The abstract should have a clear connection to sports medicine and in particular this year’s theme Holistic Athlete Care, which will cover;
- Mental well-being (adolescent to ageless).
- Adolescent athlete; shoulder dislocations, ACL injuries, rehab, balance vs specialisation, concussion series.
- Ageless athlete; tendinopathy, training and rehabilitation, osteoarthritis, pharmacology, cardiology.
- Oral presentations will be limited to 15 mins (unless otherwise agreed with the Scientific Committee), including time for questions.
- Presenting authors must register and pay registration prior to Friday, 30 September or their presentation will be removed from the programme.
All abstracts received by the deadline of Friday, 29 July will be reviewed.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed for presentation and must be prepared in strict adherence to the instructions listed below:
- Please type, single-spaced, an abstract of 500 words (one page of standard A4 size) in Times New Roman, 11 pt or similar typeface. Figures and tables may be added but these must be in black and white and easily legible for photographic reproduction. Diagrams, figures, tables and references must still fit within the single A4 page margins.
- The title should be brief (15 words or less), specific and should reflect the content of the presentation. Please do not use abbreviations in the title.
- The abstract should substantially outline the content of the presentation, including conclusions.
- References are to be numbered in alphabetical order. Names of journals should be abbreviated according to the format approved by Index Medicus. All references must be cited in the text. Journal titles that are single words only should be spelt out in full. All authors must be listed. Pagination should be inclusive.
Please email your abstract to: [email protected] using the following heading in the subject line: “NZ Sports Medicine Conference Abstract Submission”. Abstracts may be placed in the body of an email or may be sent as an attachment (MS-Word document).
In submitting an abstract, the author declares that the paper is an original contribution and gives permission for the Conference Organiser to publish, if accepted, in the Conference Handbook. The author further agrees that if the abstract is accepted, he/she will appear and present the poster or arrange for its presentation. If the author is a student, the submission of the abstract must be in agreement with his/her supervisor