Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the below guidelines when preparing your abstract for presentation:
All abstracts received by the deadline of 31 August will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should include new or updated information, however, abstracts presented at previous meetings or similar conferences may also be submitted.
- The abstract should include specific information about the results and conclusions of the research. Abstracts stating “results will be discussed” will not be accepted.
- The abstract should have a clear connection to sports medicine and in particular this year’s theme The running athlete, which will expand to the female athlete and include athletic health/RED’s/LEA.
- Oral presentations will be limited to 15 mins (unless otherwise agreed with the Scientific Committee), including time for questions.
- Presenting authors must register and pay registration prior to Thursday, 30 September or their presentation will be removed from the programme.
- Please type, single-spaced, an abstract of 500 words (one page of standard A4 size) in Times New Roman, 11 pt or similar typeface. Figures and tables may be added but these must be in black and white and easily legible for photographic reproduction. Diagrams, figures, tables and references must still fit within the single A4 page margins.
- The title should be brief (15 words or less), specific and should reflect the content of the presentation. Please do not use abbreviations in the title.
- The abstract should substantially outline the content of the presentation, including conclusions.
- References are to be numbered in alphabetical order. Names of journals should be abbreviated according to the format approved by Index Medicus. All references must be cited in the text. Journal titles that are single words only should be spelt out in full. All authors must be listed. Pagination should be inclusive.